Gionee Marathon M3 Review: A Phone That Can Also Charge Your Devices
In the selection of smartphones everyone wants to know the battery backup. The battery life is always a main factor being criticized by users. With the information provided on net and personal experience a 2000mAh battery equipped for a large screen smartphones can only last about 1 day while a 3100 mAh large capacity battery can mostly maintain up-to 2 days or so. Now a days many user’s have to carry an external backup battery to charge their mobile at any time. To avoid this problem Gionee recently launched a new mobile Gionee Marathon M3, equipped with a 5000mAh battery supporting 30 days standby and bringing a longer battery life.
With the development of mobile phone battery industry, it is not difficult to equip a Smartphone with a battery more than 3000mA capacity; however, it is still very rare to find mobile phones with much bigger battery capacity. For average users, 1-2 days battery life can already satisfy their basic needs, but for frequent travelers or users with special needs, they may require their mobile phones having a larger capacity to increase the battery life.
Gionee Marathon M3 is powered with a 1.32GHz MT6582 quad-core CPU, 1G of RAM and 8GB of storage space, 5-inch display with 720×1280 resolution; the 5000mAh battery guarantees the long-lasting battery life with Android 4.4.
Gionee Marathon M3’s hardware design is relatively ordinary; due to the 5000mA battery, the body is thicker than other mobile phones on average. Gionee Marathon M3 has a 5-inch big screen that gives a very striking appearance.
Gionee Marathon M3’s back cover uses smooth skin-feel plastic; although the mobile phone is thick, however, the back cover adapts a gentle curvature giving a nice hand feeling.
Let’s take a closer look at Gionee Marathon M3‘s design
- Gionee Marathon M3’s volume button and phone button are at the right side of the body.
- All the buttons use metallic-feel material.
- Gionee Marathon M3 has a 8 MP rear camera and a single LED flash even though the camera is not on the high range.
- Gionee Marathon M3 has a 2MP front facing camera.
- Gionee Marathon M3’s headphone jack is at the top of the phone
- You can use the OTG cable to provide power to another USB device you connect, since it has a 500mAh battery.
- Gionee Marathon M3 features a 5-inch display with a resolution of 1280×720; The bezel is quite thin make people to use it onehanded easier.
The most noticeable feature of the Gionee Marathon M3 is that it packs a massive 5000mAh battery. The company listing claims the battery can deliver up to 32.46 hours of talk time on 3G, and up to 51 hours of talk time on 2G networks, or 32.8 days of standby time.
Gionee Marathon M3 has connectivity options like 3G, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth and Micro-USB.